MBA member and Area Director Billy Mohead took the above buck 12-2-2011 while bowhunting Snag Lake Hunting Club. Congratulations and thanks Billy for sharing your good fortune with our bowhunting community. It is great to see mature quality whitetail bucks on our photo gallery.
Below is Billy's statistics on his Texas Island/Snag Lake Hunting Club whitetail bowharvest.
"Snag Lake Hunting club buck killed Friday Dec 2, 2011, by Billy Mohead
Shot quartering to at 15 yds down hill. Arrow entered behind right shoulder.
One lung taken out, arrow exited low and back.
Deer traveled 50 yards after the shot and lay down.
After standing up and falling over several times, he was spooked by a nearby tractor and got up and traveled another 50 yards and I heard a crash. Recovered 4 hours later after I backed out.
Buck green scored 137.1 8pt
Est age 4 1/2
Bow Matthews Switchback
broadhead 50 gr Slick trick
Easton carbon arrows"
MBA Area Director Billy Mohead
If you would like to share your bowhunting experience with our bowhunting community, please contact our MBA Web Master at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your story and pictures of your harvested game. Please include the following information if possible.
Information requested on your harvested animal/animals for MBA Web Site Publishing.
1. Full Name of the Bowhunter.
2. Hometown of the Bowhunter.
3. Date of harvest
4. Animal Harvested (Whitetail, mule deer, elk, turkey, etc.)
5. Location of the harvest (State, City, County etc.)
6. Morning or evening hunt.
7. Shot distance.
8. Distance animal traveled.
9. Number of points (if applicable).
10. Interior Spread of Antlers (if applicable).
11. Animal age and weight (live or dressed weight) if known.
12. Shot placement. (heart, double lung, etc).
13. Estimated P&Y Green score (if available).
14. Equipment used. (Bow brand and model, arrow shaft, broadhead, sights etc.)
Joe R. Bumgardner, M.D.
MBA Web Master
8 Countryside Road
Starkville, MS 39759