Mississippi Bowhunter Association Area Director and Web Master, Joe Bumgardner, M.D. is trying to do his job in managing the herd population and doe to buck ratio by taking his share of antlerless deer from the deer herd. Pictured above is Dr. Bumgardner with a 106 pound, 2 1/2 year old 'dry' doe that fell victum to his broadhead on opening week-end of the 2011 bowhunting season. Dr. Bumgardner had a 25 yard shot placing his Magnus 125 grain Snuffer broadhead through both lungs. She only lasted 6 seconds and traveled 45 yards before she was 'down for the count'. Dr. Bumgardner's equipment included a Bowtech Destroyer 340 bow with Beman 400 ICS arrows and Magnus 125 grain Snuffer broadheads. The pressure is off because 'meat is now in the freezer for this year'.
If you would like to share your bowhunting experience with our bowhunting community, please contact our MBA Web Master at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your story and pictures of your harvested game. Please include the following information if possible.
Information requested on your harvested animal/animals for MBA Web Site Publishing.
1. Full Name of the Bowhunter.
2. Hometown of the Bowhunter.
3. Date of harvest
4. Animal Harvested (Whitetail, mule deer, elk, turkey, etc.)
5. Location of the harvest (State, City, County etc.)
6. Morning or evening hunt.
7. Shot distance.
8. Distance animal traveled.
9. Number of points (if applicable).
10. Interior Spread of Antlers (if applicable).
11. Animal age and weight (live or dressed weight) if known.
12. Shot placement. (heart, double lung, etc).
13. Estimated P&Y Green score (if available).
14. Equipment used. (Bow brand and model, arrow shaft, broadhead, sights etc.)
Joe R. Bumgardner, M.D.
MBA Web Master
8 Countryside Road
Starkville, MS 39759