Mississippi Bowhunters Association member Floyd Patterson of Starkville, MS has reason to have a big smile. On 12-28-2011 he was able to take this mature trophy whitetail with his Mathews Reezen bow during a morning bowhunt in Oktibbeha County, Starkville, MS. Congratulations Floyd on taking this record book buck and thanks for sharing him with our bowhunting community.
Floyd entered his buck in the MS Wildlife Federation Extravaganza this month (August, 2012) and he placed second in the men’s archery division. The MWF is entering him into the MS Magnolia Records and he will become the top archery buck listed for Oktibbeha County. Check below for the harvest information for Floyd's record book buck. For a complete account of Floyd's harvest story..
Name: Floyd T. Patterson, Jr.
Hometown: Starkville, MS
Date of Harvest: December 28, 2011
Animal harvested: Non-Typical Whitetail
Location: Oktibbeha County, MS
Time of hunt: Morning
Shot distance: 30 yards
Distance post shot: Buck first laid down at 80 yards then 45 minutes later when tracking, he got up & staggered 60 yards; Floyd retreated and returned in about 3 hours to find him expired near that location.)
Points: 19 total, 15 scoreable
Interior Spread: 15 1/8”
Age: ~5.5 to 6.5 years
Weight: 190 lbs. approximate live wt.
Shot placement: mid-ribcage back, one lung
P&Y score: 159 3/8” net, 172 1/8” gross
Bow: Mathews Solocam Reezen
Arrow: Carbon Express Maxima
Broadhead: 100g Grim Reaper mechanical
If you would like to share your bowhunting experience with our bowhunting community, please contact our MBA Web Master at email@example.com and send your story and pictures of your harvested game. Please include the following information if possible.
Information requested on your harvested animal/animals for MBA Web Site Publishing.
1. Full Name of the Bowhunter.
2. Hometown of the Bowhunter.
3. Date of harvest
4. Animal Harvested (Whitetail, mule deer, elk, turkey, etc.)
5. Location of the harvest (State, City, County etc.)
6. Morning or evening hunt.
7. Shot distance.
8. Distance animal traveled.
9. Number of points (if applicable).
10. Interior Spread of Antlers (if applicable).
11. Animal age and weight (live or dressed weight) if known.
12. Shot placement. (heart, double lung, etc).
13. Estimated P&Y Green score (if available).
14. Equipment used. (Bow brand and model, arrow shaft, broadhead, sights etc.)
Joe R. Bumgardner, M.D.
MBA Web Master
8 Countryside Road
Starkville, MS 39759